Monday, March 03, 2014

12 Months


It came and went just like that.

All the hype of turning a year old and we hardly even documented the day! I suppose that's what being a second child is all about? I wouldn't know, I was an only child then a firstborn. I kinda feel it was all a bit anticlimactic. Perhaps I built up this day in my head to be SUCH.A.BIG.DEAL. when really it was just another day?! I wish I would have taken a gazillion more pictures and I wish I could have spent the day with her but I had to work (oh did I mention I went back to work part time?). It's kind of sad really but we did document what we could and she did get to spend the day with daddy and great grandma!

 breakfast shenanigans


 
 sneaking food to Bruno

"happy birthday" with donut holes

 not sure how she feels about those donuts

Her most recent stats puts her at 21 lbs (72nd percentile!!) and 29 in (69th percentile). Her most recent pictures all show you exactly why that is! :) She's wearing mostly 9-12 month clothes with a few 18mo pieces thrown in for the extra length. I even managed to squeeze her in to her 0-3mo shorts for her party! Haha. It's funny because she only weighs 2 lbs more than A did at her age but she's much taller which I guess makes her seem SO much bigger by comparison.


 Samara Jade, you truly are a gem! You are so full of joy that it overflows from you on to anyone you meet! It makes me so delighted to see you interact with anyone and everyone who stops and comments on what a happy baby you are. Even when you're not feeling well or cranky from being tired you still mange to smile through it. I remember (while I was still pregnant with you) all the concerns I had about the unknown. About how you would fit into our family and how I would be able to give you enough love and attention etc etc. But you, my sweet girl, have filled a spot in my heart that I didn't know was there. I love you more than I could ever have imagined and more than I thought possible. You are a treasure, a gift to us that we don't deserve. I pray that you would continue to be full of joy and laughter and radiate happiness everywhere you go. I also pray that the Lord would just pour His blessings on your life and surround you with His favor. Thank you for being such a sweet girl. I look forward to all the adventures that are in store. 

 We love you, sissy.






1 comment:

Marisa said...

What. A. Character!! she reminds me of Sweet G at that age! You said it...an undeserved gem of a gift!!! miss those babes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...