Thursday, June 23, 2011

One Thing Done

If you missed my rant post about the happenings around the house, check it out here. Since I was able to vent, I found some motivation to start checking a few things off "the list." Not sure if you remember this post where I decided that I wanted to finish the guest room for under $100? Probably not since it was forever ago...like November! Anyway, since then here's what's been done:

Making the bed & finding lamps to use (from the stockpile collection in storage)
 
Putting up curtains from Ikea
yes, I know I need to iron them but I'm too lazy busy! :)

Refinishing an old armoire we had in the garage
(yes, the knobs on the door are not on yet...we need shorter screws!)

I know, all this time and that's it?! Don't worry, it's still a work in progress. I will have more updates as I finish them. Until then, here's a quick before and after of the armoire:

the back is removed to paint the insides...

the piece was originally a dark cherry color...

the supplies we used for the transformation...

another look at the piece (without the knobs)...still debating it being angled or flat on the wall...


So, what do you think? I'm still below my $100 budget so that's good news. Ok, I'm off to do more projects...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...