Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Projects, Projects, Projects

I'm slowing making progress on "the list." Last week I finished framing the rest of the bathroom mirrors, finally washed/dried/put up the towels in the upstairs bathroom, started painting some accessories, and finished baby girl's party invitations. Geez, what a busy week!

For the bathroom frames I did them the same way I did my downstairs bathroom, but this time I glazed the paint. I used this tutorial for the glazing process and kinda made it up as I went along. I think it gives the frames a nice aged/rustic look while highlighting the details of the wood. Ha, it actually sounded like I knew what I was talking about right then, didn't it?! I just thought the glaze would look better than plain white and I didn't want a completely different color in there! A quick recap of some of the accessories I worked on:

These boxes were fun to do. Here's a "before" of the lovely things:

And here's an "after":

I used my trusty primer and paint and just went to town. 

I took off the hardware so I didn't have to tape it off, 

taped it inside the lid so I didn't lose pieces, 

then primed and painted. New boxes, in no time. 

I decided to get "fancy" and add stripes to one so I had an extra step of taping it off once the first coat was dry then painting the top coat a different color. 

I know, such a rebel. I love how they turned out though.

This bathroom is just about complete. I'll post those pics soon! Next up, front room curtains. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...