Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sweet Relief

I think I have a pinched nerve in my back. Great. Just what I want, right? It's probably because "they" say I have to sleep on my left side. Not fun. I'm not a left side sleeper (well only if the hubs is snoring breathing heavily). I like to sleep on my right side or my back most of the time but whenever I do I start to freak out (mostly from all these pregnancy books) that I'm cutting off circulation to the baby so I switch over to my left side. Well now it seems that I have a pinched nerve in my back...yup, you guessed it, on my LEFT.SIDE.

To make matters worse, it's in a spot where I can't really reach to massage it out. Now some of you may be wondering, "why don't you ask your husband to massage it out?" Good question. Here's why. B is a fantastic guy. He has a great list of qualities, one of them being his helpfulness. However, he's not a fan of giving massages. If you get him on a good day, it might last 4 or 5 minutes. Usually it lasts about 2 minutes then he's done. My favorite trick of his, though, is when he agrees to massage, but he massages so hard that I wince in pain and tell him to stop! Oh, I know your tricks Spotts. I know.

So what's a girl to do? I read (in one of the million pregnancy books I have-thanks E!) that tennis balls are good for massage. So I hunted one down and put it to the test. And you know what? Aaaahhhh, sweet relief!



I put it against the wall or my chair and just sway back and forth as it works its magic. I can adjust the strength by leaning further into it or not. Either way, it's fantastic. My new friend.



Maybe I can convince B to use it as a massage tool...you know, so he can save those precious hands for his baseball game on Sunday. Hehehe, maybe.

2 comments:

marilyn said...

YOU ARE SOOO FUNNY!! YOU TELL BRIAN THAT I SAID TO MASSAGE YOUR BACK, OR WHERE EVER IT IS NEEDED.
SOME DAY, HE MIGHT NEED YOU TO RETURN TO FAVOR.

erika said...

i might have to start commenting on all of these! goooo jenny M! i was just obsessed with amazon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...