Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY: Built In Media Center:: Finished

This post is LONG overdue but as I was going through old posts I realized I never showed you this completed project. If you don't remember what I'm talking about, you can catch up with part 1, part 2, and part 3 and read the progress.

Let me remind you what it looked like when we moved in:

This is how it looked when we declared it "done" (I really wanted a shelf though):

My dad came to the rescue (again) and I was able to get my shelf! Thanks dad!

We used the same trim molding from the front as a support of sorts for the shelf to rest on. We secured the trim with LOTS of nails and screws (in as many studs as we could find) so there wouldn't be any chance of the shelf falling. We cut the shelf pretty tight too so it definitely wouldn't budge. There was concern that over time it would bow in the middle because of its weight so we added a piece of trim molding across the front to help stabilize it...and make it look prettier.

We also added hardware to the cabinets which gives it another little personalized touch. 

Here's the final product:

 I'm so happy with the way it turned out. It's just like I imagined it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...