Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Our New Normal


Getting used to being a family of four has been an interesting challenge. I didn't really think it would be a big deal, but adding a new member has been rewarding and trying at the same time. Obviously we absolutely adore the new baby and are so grateful and blessed to have her, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, so don't take it as complaining. All I'm saying is the adjustment has been a bit more difficult than I imagined it to be. The great news is, it hasn't lasted very long, and things have settled down to what we now know as "normal" around here. It's a good thing too because Brian had to go back to work last Friday! It's hard to believe six weeks has gone by already!

In just a few short weeks, she's gone from this:

To this:

Crazy how much they change in such a short amount of time!! Now that B is back to work, we've been working on establishing a schedule and routine around here. I didn't realize how much time flies between feedings with an infant and keeping a toddler busy! Oh and did I mention we tackled the task of potty training A a couple of weeks ago?! I must say it was a surprising success! She had two accidents the first day and that's it! She's been asking to go to school for some time now and the only thing we were waiting for was her to be potty trained. Guess it's now time to seriously start looking at preschools for her. Talk about growing up too fast! Geez. I'll try to blog more now that things have started to be "normal" again but I can't promise anything! I might be too busy with these two adorable kiddos to be bothered by the computer. :)


1 comment:

Carrie McCray said...

ok awesome on the potty training! it was a nightmare with us so I am very proud of you!! AND she has grown up SOO much in these 6 weeks. Those pics show her changes amazingly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...