Friday, October 22, 2010

Fabric Flowers

I'm jumping on the fabric flower bandwagon.

Why not? They're everywhere these days, not to mention cute, and as I've recently discovered, very easy to make. I found a couple of tutorials that do a great job of explaining how to make these bad boys. My Sparkle has an easy tutorial to follow, Shanty2Chic has this option as well as this option, and Simple Analogy has a sewn option should you feel like busting out the needle and thread. I took all the info from these tutorials and mostly followed the instructions but pretty much making it up as I went along.

I started with a long strip of fabric...mine was about 16 inches long and about 2-3inches wide.

I folded it in half, glued it down, and rolled it a few times to get it started...


Then I started twisting the fabric as I rolled it around itself. I used a dot of glue every now and then to secure the layers (the tightness of the twisted fabric will determine the fullness of the flower). I kept going around and around until I got the size I wanted.



I glued them to the stretchy fabric I was using as the headband (I found the white material at Joann's in the lace aisle) and VOILA! something cute to stick on this cutie pie...

Oh the possibilities are endless! I'm sure you'll see them popping up on other projects I'm working on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...