Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Another Creative Outlet

Those of you who have been reading this crazy blog for a while know that I like doing projects that allow me to be somewhat creative, whether it's home decor or sewing or DIY projects. Well, I recently added yet another crafty/projecty task to my repertoire. Thanks to my friend Mandy, I have started a scrapbook for baby girl.

Uh oh.

I've always been intrigued by the scrapbooking world but never wanted to be a part of it because I know that it can be expensive and addicting and time consuming! I always steered clear of those aisles in Joann's that had all the little decals and stickers and paper because I knew once I peeked inside, I would be sucked in!

Then it happened.

Mandy (who is absolutely obsessed crazy about in love with paper supplies and crafts) started a scrapbook for Jack and I thought it was so cute and something Anayah would love to have (sure mom, whatever you say) one day. So I thought maybe I would put together a small one just documenting the big events of her first year, and that's it. We were at Joann's one day and I found this small book and these two packets of decals. Mandy has a TON of other scrapbooking supplies so she said I could use whatever she had and didn't need to buy anything else. Pretty cool, I thought, and not so expensive. I can totally do this.


 Ha! Once I started going through all the supplies Mandy had and got to see all the fun paper and stickers and decals, I could feel myself getting sucked in. I ignored the tiny voice in my head that was screaming "retreat, retreat!" and continued to pick out stuff I thought was cute and would look good in A's future scrapbook. After a few minutes, I had hoarded saved this pile of stuff for the scrapbook I had yet to start.


 Hmm, that small scrapbook I bought doesn't seem like it will be big enough for all this fun stuff! I think I might have to buy a bigger one. And apparently I needed a few more packs of "stuff" to fill this bigger book.


 Yikes, I think I've officially crossed over to the dark side. Someone pull me back.

3 comments:

Carrie McCray said...

Oh, Anayah will pull you back when she starts walking, talking, running and then #2 will come. Hahaha!! My HUGE scrapbook collection remains in a cupboard collecting dust = (

I am feeling hopeful that when my kids are 18 and out of the house, I can start that craft again ; )

Anonymous said...

oh my.....I have never gone down that road for all the same reasons...good luck....min

Marisa said...

Glad you have joined the "club" Have fun while you can (like Carrie said) ..it only gets tougher and trickier (but still possible)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...