Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's About Time. Seriously.

How old is my daughter? Eight months?! It's only taken me that long to FINALLY finish her crib skirt. I suppose I've been busy doing other things but whatever, there really is no excuse. I don't even think I've even shown you her room since we "finished" it. Total slacker.

Anyway, the crib skirt is nothing fancy, just a simple piece of material that covers the bottom of her crib. I wanted it to be adjustable so when we raise or lower the mattress the skirt could be easily lengthened or shortened. Instead of one piece, I made three different panels and sewed ties to the top (which tie to the metal base under the mattress). Like I said, nothing fancy. I didn't really take any pictures of the process because I was focused on just getting it done. Here it is on the crib:


I don't think I ever showed you the bumper that Brian's grandma made either. I gave her all the material and my "vision" and she made it happen. Now the curtains don't look so random in the space :)

(her sheets are actually pink but miss thang likes sleeping on this blanket because it's super soft and comfy. diva.)

(here's a better picture of the "layers" of the skirt, sheet, blanket and bumper)

While I'm at it, here are some pictures of her nursery. Notice the HUGE space above her crib? Yes, that is where her name is supposed to be. Yet another project that I have yet to finish! Ugh. Hopefully in the next few days. Hopefully.


(see that cute lamp shade? more details in another post. way cute, but an epic fail!)


Now all that's left is to find a rug that will finish up the space. OH and put her name up on the wall. Hopefully it won't take another eight months for that to happen. 

2 comments:

Carrie McCray said...

lookin so good. cant wait to see how you do her name!

Marisa said...

WOW!!!! I love it! just beautiful! NOW i see how it all ties together - was so curious about that - and boy does it! You sound like me, just when I finished G's room, seemed like it was time to move her :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...