Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best Laid Plans

We were supposed to go to a baseball game tonight. B's friend (who plays for the Oakland A's) is doing a rehabilitation assignment with its minor league team and he's in town playing at the Storm stadium. Anyway, we totally made plans last night and we were all set to go. Game time was 6:05pm. Around 4:45pm, I decided I would play around on my sewing machine until it was time to go. I wanted to try something new that I had been "researching" on various blogs. Probably not the best time to tackle a new feat because if you know me at all, you know that I don't like to fail at things I attempt. I got so obsessed focused on what I was doing and determined to get it right that I stayed home. Shocker.

So instead of being here:


I finished this:
(my first ruffle butt)it!

(front of the ruffle butt onesie)

Sorry, honey! I'm sure he still had a good time. Hey, it's baseball. Win-win for both of us. I'm so excited that I finally figured out how to do a gather stitch and make a stinkin' ruffle. It's actually not hard once you do it, I was just intimidated I guess. Anyway, this blog has the best tutorial I found while "researching." She has a bunch of other cute tutorials too...hmmm, more projects? Hehe. One at a time, people, one at a time. I made this as part of a baby shower gift...now I can't wait to finish the rest! No, they won't all be ruffle butts but think of the possibilities of just using ruffles in general! :)

2 comments:

erika said...

pillows...

Anonymous said...

Love it.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...