Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Special Delivery

Today was THE day. Now if you remember correctly, I told you we have been in our house for a year now. You also know that we moved into a large house that needed LOTS of furniture. Well, in the last year, we have tried to furnish as much of the house as possible but obviously we couldn't do it all at once. There were certain things that were priorities (fridge, washer/dryer, lawnmower, etc). We knew we needed a large sofa for the family room area but couldn't find one we really liked. I lie. We found one we really liked and actually went to look at it at least three times, but something always came up that was a higher priority. I mean, it's not like we were totally sofa-less. We just spent time in the upstairs den rather than the family room.

Well, I finally broke down and spent the money on the sectional for the downstairs family room. It was a good deal and I got to customize it by choosing my fabric and size. I also figured that we needed to get it before baby gets here because after she arrives all our money is going to her new wardrobe baby supplies. Well today was delivery day. I was having nightmares about the fabric and what color it would actually be once it was on a piece of furniture so large, but it turned out exactly like I pictured it.

(Poor quality photos, I know, I know. The color is actually much darker and not as gray.)
 
Now we have a place for people to sit when they come over, without having to trek up to the den. It's also motivation for us to finish the media center and time to start sewing some fun pillows!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

YAY!!!! I'm sure it's beautiful! Your patience paid (slight pun intended) off! Unlike me who bought ours in a rush and hate the color now :? ah well! Let the kids wear it to pieces and then get the one I really want! little by little, your place is coming together so nicely! Woot! can't wait to see it esp baby's room! Will be out your area lots this summer and will FOR SURE let you know :)

the Hott Spott said...

Sounds good! I'll be home all summer just getting ready for her arrival :)

marilyn said...

I LOVE YOUR SECTIONAL!! I DON'T REMEMBER THE CARPET--WAS IT THERE THE ONE TIME THAT I WAS THERE? VERY NICE!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...