Saturday, July 31, 2010

Special Blessing

For those who don't know her "story" yet:

On Monday I went in to fetal diagnostics for a routine appointment (I had been going twice a week since they diagnosed her with low amniotic fluid). Her heart beat was great but in the ultrasound they couldn't find any good pockets of fluid and said her level was at zero. I was a bit shocked since just a few days before she was at a 10.7 and doing fantastic. Anyway, the nurse called the perinatologist who recommended delivery as opposed to hooking me up to an IV to increase fluids. Since she was considered full term, it was better to get her out rather than risk infection.

Imagine my surprise to know that I was about to see our baby girl much sooner than anticipated! I think I freaked out for a bit but it was more because I thought something was wrong and that she was in trouble. Once they reassured me that she was doing just fine, I calmed down a little. I called Brian at work and told him our parenting days were about to start...he was pretty shocked too!


Uh, are we sure we're ready?!
They took me down to labor and delivery (where I discovered that one of my good friends was there in labor at the same time!) and checked me out. I was already 3cm dilated so they started me on pitocin to induce my labor at 7pm, Monday night.


Before the pitocin kicked in...
I labored through the night (yes, with an epidural) and was ready to start pushing around 8am Tuesday morning. The nurse came in and explained how she needed me to push then we "practiced" once or twice. She looked at me and said, "if you push exactly like that, she'll be here in less than 10 minutes." What? You're on lady! She called the doctor in a few minutes later. I pushed three or four more times and Anayah Marie made her entrance into this world...at 8:16am.

meaning of the baby name Anayah
We're enjoying our time with our new bundle of joy so I might be MIA for a few days or weeks...see you soon!

1 comment:

Carrie McCray said...

You better not be going MIA...We at least want to see pictures of her. They change daily!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...