Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A "House-iversary"

It's officially been one year since we bought our house! Wow, time does fly! I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone by. It seems like just yesterday we were sanding and staining the banister and painting the walls. Well one year later and we're still at it...

(laundry room in progress)

We have several more projects that need I want to be done before baby girl gets here AND before I even start on her room - hey, I don't want to be preoccupied! (yeah, that's it...or maybe it's because I can't decide on a fabric! grrr) These are the things that are currently on my Bri's to do list:
  • paint laundry room and add beadboard
  • hang chandelier & accessories in dining room (after possibly re-painting it...sorry babe!)
  • finish the DIY media niche
  • paint upstairs bathroom and add board and batten
  • paint upstairs guest room (so mom has a place to sleep when baby girl gets here) and move furniture into room
  • finish the wall art for the entry
  • re-organize downstairs guest room
  • THEN, start on the nursery
Lofty goals eh? Really it's not extremely difficult work, mostly just tiring and messy. LOTS of painting still to be done along with little bitty projects here and there. Anyone interested in painting?! Hehe. I'll have to call my dr. and see if it's ok if I help with some of the painting...otherwise, poor Bri. I'll try to keep you updated on the progress we make with our projects. My dad is letting us "borrow" a bunch of his tools this weekend (table saw here I come!) so we'll have no excuses to not finish. Lots of pictures and hopefully some really fun before & afters...stay tuned!

Anyway, after taking yet another trip to the home improvement store tonight we had ourselves a little treat!

Oh yea, we took advantage of 31 cent scoop night at BR...fo' sho'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...